The toll is the price paid for the service used by the customer, in proportion to the length of the journey, the type of vehicle used and the characteristics of the infrastructure (lowland or mountain motorway). Lowland motorway rates are applied to the stretch of motorway managed by the Company. The toll is calculated by multiplying the unit rate by the number of kilometres covered. The result is then rounded in compliance with (Italian) Decree Law dated 12/11/2001 (G.U. Official Journal 299, 27/12/2001). The rates charged by the various motorway concessionaires are subject to the prior approval of the Granting Authority (Italian Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport). They are updated annually based on the “price-cap” system which adjusts prices according to the planned annual inflation rate, reduced by improvements to company productivity and corrected based on variations to the quality of service on offer.
The price paid by the customer for the service is in proportion to the length of the journey, the type of vehicle used (classification based on axles-shape) and the characteristics of the infrastructure (lowland or mountain motorway). Lowland motorway rates are applied to the stretch of motorway managed by the Company.
The rate per km includes:
- basic annual rate;
- integration of the annual charge (Italian Law no. 122/2010);
- VAT at 22%
|Category||Type of vehicle||Characteristics|
2-axle vehicles with a height of less than/equal to 1.30 m in line with the first axle.
2-axle vehicles with a height of more than 1.30 m in line with the first axle.
Vehicles and trailers with 3.
Vehicles and trailers with 4.
Telepass is a telematic system that allows users to pay for tolls by passing through the toll gate dedicated to this service without having to stop at the tollbooths. A small device, attached to the windscreen of your car, directly communicates with the equipment installed in the motorway entry and exit barriers. The option of Telepass together with the “current account Viacard” has no expenditure limit and can be requested by all holders of the current account Viacard.
The CURRENT ACCOUNT VIACARD is a toll payment card linked to the user’s bank account, with no expiry date and no expenditure limit. Viacard holders can sign up to the Telepass service. This card is mainly for companies and economic operators.
Telepass Family is a Telepass contract - the telematic system that allows users to pay for tolls by passing through the toll gate dedicated to this service without having to stop at the tollbooths. A small device, attached to the windscreen of your car, directly communicates with the equipment installed in the motorway entry and exit barriers. Telepass Family is for private individuals and can only be installed in vehicles that are for private use only. Anyone with a bank account, a BancoPosta account or a valid credit card can request this service, with the exception of pre-paid cards.
Thanks to the agreement in place with Bank Americard (Deutsche Bank S.p.A.), motorway tolls can be paid using CREDIT CARDS (Visa, Eurocard/Mastercard, American Express), at no extra charge.
Diners, Maestro and Carta Aura cards are also accepted.
WHERE TO USE THEM
Credit cards can be used to the pay for tolls at all Viacard self-service barriers, marked with credit card symbols, as well as at all manual barriers.
FAST PAY is an automatic deferred payment system for motorway tolls, created in partnership with SSB (Società per i Servizi Bancari S.p.A. - Italian Bank Services company). This system is based on the use of normal debit cards with magnetic stripe that have been duly authorised by their issuing banks.
If you have a debit card, ask your bank whether it is authorised for the Fast Pay system. If so, you can use it to pay for tolls directly, without any additional charges.
Fast Pay can be used at all Viacard self-service barriers throughout Italy’s motorway network and at barriers marked with the Fast Pay logo.
To use this service, first insert the ticket issued by the entry barrier into the dedicated slot on the automatic self-service machine. Then insert your card (with the magnetic strip facing down and to the right). You don’t need to insert your PIN.
The maximum amount/toll payable with this system is Euro 61.97 per journey.
The sum of the tolls validated by your debit card at the Fast Pay barriers will be debited from your bank account once a month, with a weighted average value date and without any additional charges.
Customers can request a copy of the relative invoice from Autostrade per l’Italia S.p.A.
These prepaid cards are available for the following amounts (in Euro): 25.00 - 50.00.
They can be purchased from the tollbooths (Euro 25.00 cards) and Service Centres (Euro 25.00 and Euro 50.00 cards) along the Brescia-Verona-Vicenza-Padova motorway, from “Punto Blu” Telepass service centres all over the motorway network, in Autogrill service stations, in ACI offices, in some banks and at numerous tobacconists, newsagents, petrol stations and other businesses.
These cards can be used all over Italy’s motorway network, at self-service barriers marked “Viacard” or also at the tollbooths where you normally pay in cash.
The card must be stored in a way that prevents demagnetization; however, should this happen, it can be magnetized again for the residual amount at any Brescia-Verona-Vicenza-Padova motorway Service Centre or at a “Punto Blu” Telepass service centre or at an Autostrade per l’Italia S.p.A sales office.
If the card is damaged, the customer must send it in a closed envelope to Autostrade per l’Italia S.p.A., PO BOX 2310 Ferrovia - 50100 Firenze , or hand it in to any Brescia-Verona-Vicenza-Padova motorway Service Centre or a "Punto Blu” Telepass service centre or an Autostrade per l’Italia S.p.A sales office.
If the toll is greater than the amount left on the card, the following options are available:
- pay using two Viacards, first the one running out and then the new one, which will be charged the remaining amount not paid by the previous card;
- leave the motorway in a lane where the tollbooth has an attendant and pay the amount not covered by your card in cash;
- press the ‘request assistance’ button if you are already at a Viacard barrier and you realise that there is not enough credit on the card. A ticket will automatically be issued for the remaining amount, which you can pay up to 15 days later, at no extra charge, at one of our tollbooths or at one of our Service Centres, or by transferring the amount due to the post office account held by Autostrada Brescia Verona Vicenza Padova S.p.A. (account no.: 1008204941), specifying the number plate of the vehicle.
Please remember that the automatic machine does not allow for the card to be inserted more than twice: at the third attempt, a missing payment ticket is issued (to be paid at a later date at the tollbooth), allowing you to exit the barrier.
Toll invoices are available for all types of payment:
- Those signed up to the Telepass and Current Account Viacard services receive a regular invoice directly to their home address;
- Holders of prepaid cards receive an invoice as soon as they buy the card at any Service Centre or “Punto Blu” Telepass service centre throughout the motorway network;
- For payments in cash or via Fast Pay or credit card, invoices are available upon request by sending all payment receipts received from the tollbooths to the motorway management company. Receipts must be sent together with the toll invoice request form, filled out in full.
- Similarly, invoice requests can be made for tolls paid for exceptional transport to settle outstanding payments using post office current accounts.
With regard to the Brescia-Verona-Vicenza-Padova motorway, invoice request forms are available from both our tollbooths and our Service Centres.
If you can't pay the toll using one of the payment methods available, then the motorway management company will issue a missing payment statement, formalising the fact that the toll hasn’t been duly collected.
The customer must pay the amount due as soon as possible.
If the toll is paid within 15 days from the missing payment statement being issued, then the customer will not be charged any additional fee.
Otherwise, if the toll is not paid within 15 days from the missing payment statement being issued, then Euro 2.58 will be charged for collection costs.
The missing payment can be settled at one of our tollbooths or Service Centres, or at a post office (only in Italy), by paying the money into post office account no. 1008204941 held by AUTOSTRADA BRESCIA VERONA VICENZA PADOVA
S.p.A. (registered office), indicating the vehicle number plate and the missing payment reference number in the description on the paying-in slip. Please be aware that missing payments can only be settled at the offices of the Brescia-Padova motorway if they refer to an exit barrier on this stretch of motorway.
It is also possible to pay via bank transfer to one of the following accounts:
IBAN: IT80 P 02008 11758 000101805693 BIC SWIFT: UNCRITMMOTO
BANCO POPOLARE Soc. Coop.
IBAN: IT92 L 05034 11710 000000025252 BIC SWIFT: BAPPIT21010
IBAN: IT51 X 07601 11700 001008204941
As provided for by the Italian Highway Code, please be reminded that if a customer does not have a ticket, they can prove where they actually came from by providing appropriate written proof, in place of the ticket that may be found afterwards (toll receipt from the previous journey; a declaration from their company stating their presence at work; invoices; waybills; sales receipts; receipts from hotels, restaurants, etc.), or a declaration signed by a third party, attaching a photocopy of the identity document of the person making the declaration.
If the customer does not pay the amount due, a debt collection procedure is activated, which involves a payment reminder, a subsequent invitation to pay, an injunction and then distraint.
Ultimately, the customer will be reported for fraudulent insolvency.
The following are exempt from paying the toll (art. 176 of the Italian Highway Code and art. 373 of the Regulation implementing the Highway Code):
- State Police vehicles marked “Polizia” and clearly marked ANAS vehicles (Italian national roads authority);
- Carabinieri vehicles (Italian military police) with an Italian army number plate, in possession of the vehicle registration document of the (Italian) Ministry of Defence stating that it is being used by the Carabinieri;
- vehicles with an Italian Red Cross number plate, and vehicles used by voluntary associations and similar non-profit organisations, dedicated to helping people, when carrying out their specific service. These vehicles must display their distinctive sign as approved through a decree passed by the (Italian) Ministry of Transport and Shipping and the (Italian) Ministry of Public Works;
- vehicles with a fire brigade number plate and vehicles being used by the fire service in the autonomous provinces of Trento and Bolzano;
- vehicles with a Guardia di Finanza number plate (Italian Finance Police); vehicles with a Corpo forestale dello Stato number plate (Italian State Forestry Corps);
- Vehicles with a POLIZIA PEN number plate (Italian Penitentiary Police);
- armed forces vehicles dedicated to helping people (ambulances, rescue vehicles, etc.) when carrying out their service or following convoys;
- armed forces vehicles helping in an emergency or during public disasters, as well as civilian vehicles, with an Italian or foreign number plate, forming part of bodies or organisations that have been formally recognised by their respective countries of origin and that are transporting basic necessities to help people affected by natural disasters or situations of war. This exemption is valid as long as said vehicles have specific authorisation from the competent authorities;
- Vehicles of officials from the (Italian) Ministry of the Interior, the ANAS (Italian national roads authority), the General Management of the M.C.T.C. (Italian motoring authority), the Inspectorate-General for Traffic and Road Safety and the Ministry of Public Works, and vehicles authorised to carry out traffic police services.
The Company shall refund:
- tolls paid by customers that were greater than the amount due;
- change that wasn't collected or wasn't correctly given (credit note);
- tolls for exceptional transport that didn't take place.
The Company shall undertake to pay the refunds requested in writing, subject to checks into the validity of the documentation provided.
Refund requests may be sent to the Service Centres or directly to the Company via fax, e-mail or ordinary post.