Just like on any major or minor road, it’s extremely important to drive cautiously and safely on the motorway. You must keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front and your speed must be appropriate for the lane that you're in, the amount of traffic and the weather conditions.
Follow our advice to plan your journey in the best way possible and to be prepared for anything!
To better organize their journey, both from the point of view of safety and territory's offer, travelers can count on more information channels: the web is certainly among the main sources today questioned but also our operators contact is always ready and available.
Thanks to the partnership with the motorway operators of the North East, InfoViaggiando mobile application is also available (Android, IOS and Windows Phone) and offers all the details relating to the motorway traffic from Brescia to Trieste and the A31 Valdastico.
When driving on the motorway the most dangerous infringements are:
- exceeding the speed limit of 130 km/h by more than 40 km/h;
- driving in the wrong direction; driving along the hard shoulder;
- not keeping a safe distance;
- overtaking on the right;
- transporting dangerous goods without authorisation.
MAIN RULES APPLICABLE TO MOTORWAY DRIVERS
- Make sure your vehicle is running efficiently
- Do not exceed the speed limit of 130 km per hour
- Always wear a seatbelt
- Be cautious when overtaking
- Always use your indicator when overtaking
- Always drive with dipped headlights, even during the day
- When driving, only ever use your mobile phone with a hands-free kit or speakerphone
- Never exceed the blood alcohol limit of 0.5 grammes per litre
- If you're tired, take a break at a service station or parking area
- Use the right-hand lane that’s free
- Do not change direction and do not reverse
- Keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front
- Do not use the hard shoulder
For further information on road traffic laws in Italy, please visit the Italian Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport website.
OBLIGATION OF WINTER EQUIPMENT
The sections of motorway between Brescia Ovest and Padova east and the A31 between Badia Polesine and Piovene Rocchette are characterised by frequent ups and downs which can cause considerable setbacks for the flow of traffic during the winter when it snows and when temperatures drop, despite the preventive measures taken against these weather conditions.
For these sections of motorway, a specific decree has therefore been implemented making it mandatory to use winter tyres or to have snow chains or another approved non-slip system in your vehicle, from 15th November until 15th April. Dedicated signs have been installed along the motorway.
In compliance with the Highway Code and other general measures, the following speed limits are imposed instead of the usual 130:
- in case of rain, 110 km / h
- in case of fog, 50 km / h
A team of skilled professionals carefully monitors the motorways and intervenes effectively whenever necessary, thereby improving the level of service provided to drivers. The Company ensures traffic assistance through an operating structure made up of the main Road System Operations Centre and Road System Support Centres
The Operations Centre is a permanent service that processes all information relating to the road system and traffic. This information is provided by external personnel or from the 73 camera stations positioned along the motorway.
Another important source of information for the Operations Centre comes from the weather stations and sensors that are able to provide complete monitoring of traffic and weather conditions.
This service is active 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and controls the flow of traffic on the motorway, providing drivers with traffic information and coordinating the company resources who provide traffic assistance and customer support, also in the case of accidents.
In case of an emergency, the Operations Centre contacts external emergency services depending on the type of help needed.